We were asked by a landlady to investigate rodents in a flat she owned. We did a survey of the property and identified an area under cupboards vulnerable to a rat infestation. We reported to the owner and left (see picture).
Three days later we received a phone call that something had happened and could we please investigate. Upon arriving at the property we found the rats had broken through a plastic drainage chamber and entered the house and had begun to excavate out soil and rock to improve the area under the cupboards for themselves (see picture below).
We then performed a full drain survey, set bait to eliminate the existing rodent population, then installed 1-way drainage valves and other devices to block entrance to the property from rodents.